General Conditions of Carriage for Passengers and Baggage
Carrier’s terms and conditions (this refers to more than one party) and your booking confirmation constitute the contract between Fly Indico Ltd and the passenger.
As you read these terms and conditions‚ please note that:
- “we”‚ “our”‚ “ourselves” and “us” means Fly Indico Ltd trading as Fly Indico (hereafter referred to as “Carrier”) with centers of business situated at Maputo International Airport‚ and Pemba International Airport.
- “you”‚ “your” and “yourself” means any person‚ except members of the crew‚ carried or to be carried in an aircraft‚ having a ticket valid for the transportation.
- As used in this contract “ticket” means this passenger ticket or itinerary and confirmation voucher and baggage check of which these conditions and this notice form part‚
- Carriage is equivalent to “transportation”‚
- Carrier means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage‚ hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage‚
- Warsaw Convention means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw‚ 12th October 1929‚ or that Convention as amended at the Hague‚ 28th September 1955‚ whichever may be applicable.
Air Charter and Air Shuttle Services
- Fly Indico Air Charter and Shuttle Services are not scheduled operations.
- Air Charter and Air Shuttle Services are “Point to Point”.
- Each day is different‚ and every flight is planned to ensure that passengers are transported to their destinations with the least amount of flying possible. This constant variation‚ together with factors beyond our control (Weather and Air Traffic Control) makes Fly Indico a logistically complex air charter operation.
- Your patience and understanding in agreeing to flexible departure and arrival times is greatly appreciated.
- Passengers are permitted a maximum baggage allowance of 15kgs (33lbs) per person. Soft bags are strongly recommended but doesn’t need to be a must. The carriage of excess baggage is at the sole discretion of the Company after taking into consideration the aircraft being used and the admissible maximum load. We point out that bags are not tagged and checked-in like in large airlines: they remain always under the control of the customer who must not lose sight of them. When excess baggage is carried it will be charged at the prevailing freight rate‚ subject to space and or weight availability. Final decision on load allowable or any flight condition is solely up to the pilot in command.
- In addition‚ you may carry on board a handbag‚ clutch bag‚ coats‚ umbrellas‚ laptop computers and small items of camera equipment with a maximum of 5kg total.
- In case of loss‚ delay and/or damage to baggage‚ a complaint must be made in writing to the carrier within seven (7) days of loss occurring.
- If you have fragile‚ valuable and/or perishable articles included in your baggage we recommend additional insurance from your personal insurer.
- Although we undertake to use our best efforts to carry you and your baggage with reasonable dispatch times shown on the ticket‚ in timetables or elsewhere‚ are not guaranteed and form no part of this contract. Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice.
- Onward connections should be made well within the recommended time‚ with no less than two hours connection time.
- Carrier is not responsible for late arrivals.
- Carrier will not be held responsible for any additional costs incurred if we are unable to land at the airstrip booked due to diversions‚ weather‚ unserviceable airstrips or waterlogged airstrips.
- Confirmed bookings subject to automatic release if passengers’ full names and National IDs or Passports are not received at the time of confirmation.
- We reserve the right to include technical stops en-route due to operating conditions at the time‚ which is in the interest of safety and at the sole discretion of the Captain;
- Payments are required in full to confirm Tickets and Charters.
- Ticket amendment –
- Up to 48 hours before the flight‚ no charges
- Within 48 hours of the flight‚ 20% charges
- Ticket cancelation fees:
- Up to 48 hours before the flight‚ 50% charges
- Up to 24 hours before the flight‚ 75% charges
- Within 24 hours of the flight‚ 100% charges
- Charter cancellation:
- 20% charges if cancelled from 2 weeks up to 48 hrs prior to departure‚
- 50% charges if cancelled between 48 hrs and 24 hrs prior to departure‚
- 100% charges if cancelled within 24 hrs prior to departure
- Smoking is not permitted on any of our flights;
- We cannot be held liable or responsible for any delays due to weather‚ ATC or technical delays‚ even when resulting in missed connections. We will rectify the situation to the best of our ability.
- In the event of bad weather (low cloud or water-logged runways)‚ Fly Indico reserves the right‚ in the interest of safety‚ to either cancel the flight or divert to the nearest suitable and serviceable airstrip; This might mean a road transfer for the guests to get to/from their final destination. Upon a decision being made‚ either Fly Indico or the Agent will make the necessary arrangements. This diversion will only be done in the interest of safety and when weather and/or runway conditions are not suitable to land at your original destination.
- Force majeure. In case We are prevented‚ delayed or hindered from commercially reasonable fulfillment of any of Our contractual or other obligations towards You‚ due to reasons of force majeure‚ including‚ but not limited to factual‚ technical‚ political‚ economic‚ meteorological circumstances‚ including but not limited to Acts of God‚ natural disasters‚ epidemic‚ wars‚ civil conflicts‚ protests‚ riots‚ blackouts‚ strikes‚ any governmental or regulatory action‚ outage or restrictions of supplies of goods or services‚ restrictive travel orders and recommendations and other circumstances that Fly Indico cannot reasonably resolve‚ either or not foreseeable by Us‚ We are exempt from any derived legal responsibilities arising from such deficiencies or non-compliances related to the effect of force majeure.
- Expectant mothers may travel up to and including the 27th week of their pregnancy‚ if they are in possession of a doctor’s certificate confirming the stage of their pregnancy and that they are fit to fly. Kindly note that we do not carry trained personnel to assist with delivery. The aircraft we use are unpressurized‚ flying at lower levels than large airlines‚ and depending on the aircraft size and landing strips‚ landings may be bumpy. All these factors may induce labor.
- All claim for any event to be received in writing by the company within 7 days from its occurrence. In case of dispute the Court of Law is Mozambique.
For safety reasons‚ dangerous articles such as those listed below‚ must not be carried in passengers’ baggage.
- Compressed gases (Deeply refrigerated‚ flammable‚ not-flammable and poisonous) such as butane‚ oxygen‚ liquid nitrogen‚ aqualung cylinders.
- Firearms and explosives handguns‚ automatic weapons‚ munitions‚ ammunitions including blank cartridges‚ pistol caps‚ fireworks‚ flares‚ smoke canisters and crackers.
- Flammable liquids and solids such as lighter fuel‚ matches‚ paints‚ thinners‚ fire-lighters.
- Radioactive materials.
- Brief-cases and attaché cases with installed alarm devices.
- Oxidising materials such as bleaching powder‚ peroxides.
- Poisons and infectious substances such as insecticides‚ weed-killers and live virus materials.
- Other dangerous articles such as magnetized materials‚ offensive or irritating materials.
Notice of Baggage Liability Limitations
We do not accept liability for loss‚ delay or damage to baggage unless value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid
Conditions of Contract
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established by the Warsaw Convention unless such carriage is not “international carriage” as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing‚ carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to:
- Provisions contained in the ticket.
- Applicable tariffs.
- Carrier’s conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made part hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier)‚ except in transportation between a place in the United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in force in those countries apply.
- Carrier’s name may be abbreviated in the ticket‚ the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in carrier’s tariffs‚ conditions of carriage‚ regulations or timetables; carrier’s address shall be the airport of departure shown in the ticket; carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents‚ servants and representatives of carrier and any person or entity whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its / their agents‚ servants and representatives.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements‚ present exit‚ entry and other required documents and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or‚ if no time is fixed‚ early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent‚ servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter‚ modify or waive any provision of this contract.
- Carrier reserves the right to refuse carriage to any person who has acquired a ticket in violation of applicable law or carrier’s tariffs‚ rules or regulations issued by the carrier whose name is in the “issued by” section on the face of the Passenger Ticket and Baggage Check.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that all information is updated and correct the Carrier(s) and / or its servants and agents shall not be liable for any loss‚ breach‚ damage (whether direct‚ consequential‚ general or special) or expense of any nature whatsoever which may be caused‚ directly or indirectly through the use of‚ supply or reliance upon any information or service provided by or to the public‚ airline or any other body through this document.